Friday, October 15, 2010

Diane's fabulous vacation.

Hi! Diane here, manager of Poco Sewing and Vacuum. I just have to share with you all about our fabulous vacation.


Brian & I decided to do something we both really enjoy for our 40th anniversary, so we did a road trip down the Oregon Coast. September is always a beautiful time of year for this little trek. We had a wonderful 6 day holiday and perfect weather. We went a little crazy at the Outlet stores in Lincoln City, but who wouldn't when the discounts totalled 70 to 80% off.


The best part was the number of quilt shops along the coast. I think I took at least a little taste from each one then bigger bites from others. But you would too if you saw what I saw.


Look at the picture of Pat & I at Love of Quilting. What a scrumptious store. There are 6 rooms each with their own fabric theme. Pat is delightful and very helpful.

I bought a few metres there for my son and daughter-in-law's quilt and some cute little scissors for souvenir. Always need an extra pair.


On our way back I visited Diamond Centre in Canaan Beach and bought all the fabrics I wanted to make a Bargello quilt hanging for my hallway. Have been planning this one for 2 years. Let's see how long it takes me to make it.


I also got a perfect pattern book to make doll clothes for my grand daughter's Christmas. It is a book of patterns for an 18" doll. Then Edna told me I could buy the 18" doll at Michael's which I did in Burlington.

It wasn't all about me though. We did get some golfing in so Brian enjoyed that part. Oh yeah, and there was a car show in Florence the weekend we were there. I dropped Brian off and two hours later, (bags of fabric later) I joined him there.

I have a few doll outfits made. When I have completed the wardrobe I'll post some pictures. Hopefully my 4 yr. grand daughter doesn't know about blogs yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment